PROBLEM for a newbie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ray1955

I made a beautiful pen but one of the barrels was a little loose so some one here suggested a light drop of CA was what he uses and let it dry and put it together it takes up the space......

Well somehow not sure how it happened but it worked fine but today I tried it showing to someone and it doesn't turn to get the pen out......

is there a secret to taking it apart to fix or take hard ware out and start over without damaging hardware....

Suggestions please help?

Ray

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Possibly the CA had not set yet and wicked into the mechanism. A lot depends on which kit you used, and which CA.

Need a bit more info for disassembly options.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Can you pull the top barrel off? If not, it may be difficult to disassemble. If that's the case, get a coulple of those mesh jar lid remover thingies (cheap at the dollar stores) then grip each barrel & try to twist & pull them apart.

Once you get the two parts separated, look things over to see what the problem is. You may just need to clean some glue off the transmission but if it doesn't twist at all, you will need to replace it. There are several ways to approach disassembly & there are tutorials in the library on the topic. I'm on my phone right now or I would post the link, but the library is readily accessible from the IAP home page.

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask. It might also help to post some photos to illustrate your problem.

Top Bottom