The problem with inheritance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cacardon

So a while ago I met this really nice guy who said he was getting to old and his hands shook too much to turn and he wanted to see all his material. So for a small amount I was able to buy all his stuff. He had his own system set up to know where and what everything was, but now all I have is a box full of bushings and pen parts and no way of knowing what go's to what or where. AArrrgggghhhh!!!! I have been able so far to figure out about 1/3 of what I have. Not too sure what I'm going to do now.:confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GrantH

The bushings you may can put in some digital calipers and reference to the bushing chart we have here in the forum library. The pen parts, maybe you don't "need" to know what they are. Maybe the parts can call some closed end or custom jobs?

PTsideshow

Yes have to second the bushing chart in the library, also there are bushing instruction sheets that have the sizes on them on some of the supplier site, and and some of the instruction sheets also have the bushings and sizes on them.
They help me with a number of sets that I have that weren't labeled!
:clown:

hilltopper46

Also have to second the idea of digital calipers. If you don't have one, they are well worth the money and used for a number of different tasks in the course of making a great pen.

BSea

What a wonderful problem to have, though! Kind of like having two dates to the prom...
No . . . . . . . that's a different problem altogether. DAMHIKT

Back to the real problem. I agree with GrantH, and the others as far as using calipers. And if you want to know what parts you have, you might post some pictures.

cacardon

Thanks for the help, being a mechanic I dont know why I didnt think to use my calipers. I've never done a closed ended pen so this will be a first.

sbell111

You have both the tubes and the fittings. With those, you should be able to match up the bushings even without calipers.

Top Bottom