problem with elegant beauty sierra tubes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
just recieved another order of the berea elegant beauty. this is my second order and this time my 27/64 trimmer pilot will not even fit in the tubes. on the last set it was a perfect fit. anyone else had this trouble?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Did you buy it at the same place? Any chance you were shipped
the Dayacom Elegant Beauty? Those tubes are smaller.

KenV

Depending on where you got them -- there are two different pens with similar names and similar styles that are different is size.

Pioneerpens

the smaller is 23/64~ and I also found that out the hard way :0 Don't forget you will also need the smaller bushings to turn them also

bgio13

I had the same problem with the first sierras I bought. It was a while ago so I am not sure where I bought the trimmer or kits, but I ended up buying a delrin sleeve to use with the 7mm trimmer. I don't remember using a caliper to measure anything, but as soon as I get home from vacation I will, and I will check to see where I bought them from.

Bill

nope these are the same kits calls for the same bushings just the tubes are a few thousands undersized i will get the measurements when the shop warms up but the kits both came from berea same kits same bushings same part number i thought the same things

after taking one of my existing stock apart i found that the old tubes are actually .003 larger than the new ones. and that .003 is just enough to make the trimmer not even start into the end of the tube

Top Bottom