Problem with Cushion Grip Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Man

Have you tried to push by hand the refill thru the bottom? If it is hard then you need to take a drill bit just the size smaller than the hole and ream it a little then try again.[:)]

Also when you put the pen together have a block of wood and put the push button thru it when putting in the threads, other wise you will mess up the plastic clicker inside.[8D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If you ever find a "click pen" that works well, let me know. I have lots of requests, but never have found a good one.

reef12

Originally posted by George7
<br />I had trouble with one of those. I found that my upper barrel was slightly too short, so the mechanism hung up on the threaded insert.

Well I thought that but the Refill hangs in the hole that is the center attachment point with threads.

Have to really push it hard and it hangs.

I have built another one and it worked fine.

When I swapped out lower section with the first one same thing happened the top is okay but hangs as it comes thru the center ring.

I will drill it out a tad.

But don't think I want to make many of these pens.[V]

Well another edit fixed it took at 15/something drill bit to open the hole works like a champ now.

So another newbie question.

What do you use to keep the top click button from unscrewing?

The only click pen I have built is the PKPARK-X from PSI.. if you pay close attention to the dimensions it works fairly well, but always felt the mechanism was loose and rattle a little.. I made one from deer horn about 3 years ago, that was successful, except the refill tip was exactly at the end of the nib and occasionally did not retract back to the original position. I kept it for my personal pen, since it rattled and was not quite perfect... others I tried to make never worked right so I gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom