Problem with bolt action pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jedgerton

I'm having an issue with some bolt action pen kits I just received. I can't get the tip off of the pen in order to insert the ink cartridge. Any secrets on removal? I'm assuming right handed threads and I've even tried a small set of channel lock pliers with a thick rubber strap to avoid damaging the tip.

I also tried another unassembled kit and I'm having the same issue with it.

Many thanks for your help!

John

ossaguy

It's normal threads,turn to the left to remove.

I find that if I put some rubber gloves on,I can really grip.I read that they tested all of the different"liquid Wrench" formulas,and the best penetrating oil is homemade,using 50/50 ATF & acetone.Since us penmakers have the acetone handly,maybe try soaking it awhile in that?

I had one that the nib was so stuck on the coupler that the coupler broke free from the body so it was spinning like it was stripped.Took me awhile to discover what was really happening,I thought the nib's threads were stripped out.

Steve

ossaguy

The lever on my bolt action just spins. The makers of this kit need to take a better look at it.

Just unscrew the nib,then take out the refill & insert a #1 sized Phillips screwdriver up and tighten the locking screw after you position your bolt.I add a small drop of blue locktite to the threads first,too.

Steve

Top Bottom