Private Reserve ink wont retract properly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbfoto

I have a Cigar pen that someone wants for a gift. Pen works well in every way UNTIL I replace the ink cartridge with a Private Reserve Easy Flow 9000 cartridge. Putting the kit ink back in and all works well. I have tried several different Private Reserve cartridges but none of them work. What's going on?
I will add that my PR cartridges have the labels on them and I have removed the label but it still will not retract. I'm guessing that it is hanging up in the nib somehow. I can try to file out the nib a little but hate to have to do that.

Last edited:

tbfoto

So I decided to try and stretch the spring out some to give it more retracting pressure and that seems to help. I must say that I bought these Private Reserve replacement cartridges a while back as a highly recommended replacement for the kit ink but my experience with them has not been good.

Last edited:

Sylvanite

Are they hanging up on the nosecone? I've noticed that some refills (in my case gel refills) are a little wider at the tip than the supplied ballpoint refills, and tend to snag. If that's the case, you can chase the hole in the nosecone with a #38 drill bit to fix the problem.

I hope that helps,
Eric

tbfoto

Are they hanging up on the nosecone? I've noticed that some refills (in my case gel refills) are a little wider at the tip than the supplied ballpoint refills, and tend to snag. If that's the case, you can chase the hole in the nosecone with a #38 drill bit to fix the problem.

I hope that helps,
Eric

Yes, I believe that is the problem. I did in fact also do that after I wrote my last post.

Top Bottom