Private Reserve ink wont retract properly - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Penturning
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Penturning General penturning discussions not specifically addressed in one of the specialty forums.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default Private Reserve ink wont retract properly

I have a Cigar pen that someone wants for a gift. Pen works well in every way UNTIL I replace the ink cartridge with a Private Reserve Easy Flow 9000 cartridge. Putting the kit ink back in and all works well. I have tried several different Private Reserve cartridges but none of them work. What's going on?
I will add that my PR cartridges have the labels on them and I have removed the label but it still will not retract. I'm guessing that it is hanging up in the nib somehow. I can try to file out the nib a little but hate to have to do that.

Last edited by tbfoto; 12-06-2017 at 04:14 PM.
tbfoto is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

So I decided to try and stretch the spring out some to give it more retracting pressure and that seems to help. I must say that I bought these Private Reserve replacement cartridges a while back as a highly recommended replacement for the kit ink but my experience with them has not been good.

Last edited by tbfoto; 12-06-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 35

Are they hanging up on the nosecone? I've noticed that some refills (in my case gel refills) are a little wider at the tip than the supplied ballpoint refills, and tend to snag. If that's the case, you can chase the hole in the nosecone with a #38 drill bit to fix the problem.

I hope that helps,
Eric
http://www.bulletpenkits.com
Sylvanite is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2017, 05:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanite View Post
Are they hanging up on the nosecone? I've noticed that some refills (in my case gel refills) are a little wider at the tip than the supplied ballpoint refills, and tend to snag. If that's the case, you can chase the hole in the nosecone with a #38 drill bit to fix the problem.

I hope that helps,
Eric
Yes, I believe that is the problem. I did in fact also do that after I wrote my last post.
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads