Printing size of Images

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jeepmiller09

I am looking to do some pens with images for family members. This will be my first attempt at it. I looked and didn't find if someone has a table for how small the images have to be to wrap the pen tube completely. Or if anyone has a program to help with that processes. I have Avery Sticker Project paper and was going to use there website. Print wrap (hope it fits) and then seal with a layer of CA before casting.

If anyone has any advice on size of the paper per pen tube size, The 2 that I have are slimline and Executive, would be amazing Also of course any other advice!!!!

Thanks,
Brian Miller

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I do executives 1.25" by 2.94". That leaves a little for overlap.

It may be hard to get a good image on a slimline. Multiply the tube diameter by 3.14 (pi) and add .06. I calculate .9" by 2.09" for a slim.

I have had good luck pre coating with PR and letting dry before casting. If you use CA let dry for at least 48 hours before casting.

Last edited:

farmer

software

If you use a canon camera and you shoot in raw and when you post process to Jpeg you can crop and resize the photo.
That software comes with your canon camera or its a free down load .

I think all post processing software will do what you want .

I have elements 10 and Light Room 5, both with do what you want .

jttheclockman

Wrap the tube you want to use in a piece of paper , a string a cloth rule or anything. have the item circle the tube completely and mark it where they touch. Now measure the distance and you have the width. Now I won't tell you how to do the length. Leave that to your imagination.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Jeepmiller09

Cant thank you all for the help! I on my second try with placing the images on the slimline tubes. I had the image get glued to my glove when i was applying it lol. How man coats of CA glue do you all do prior to casting it?

Top Bottom