Pricing Comfort Grip Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jhudson1977

Hello everyone,

Simply wondering what everyone retails their comfort grip pens for?

I would have said $20 at the beginning of Jan. but then some corrected me and mentioned that is what they normally sell their Slimlines for.

So, I'm thinking $30 now? About right? Low? High?

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Silvo

I sell my slimlines for $20 and euros for $25. But I haven't really used any wood so far that I bought, so my cost is low. A bunch of variables come into play especially the type of blank you use and how much you spend for the kits. I'm just starting to sell a bunch of my work, so I might be too low but, it doesn't provide food on my table, just a stress reliever and enjoyment. All the money I make goes back into my shop or learning more. Just my opinion.
Silvo

rjwolfe3

Mine is priced at $29.00 but none of my customers have expressed interest in the Comfort line from me. Which is odd because I like it and I use the cushion as well.

Rangertrek

Comfort Grip

I have done several comfort pens, both with and w/o the rubber grip.
I have sold them for $24-$35 depending on the wood or acrylic. I use a basic cost of $22 that includes a 'standard wood' (low blank cost). I then add for upgrade wood or acrylics. I have also done a few in deer antler.
The client liked the grip and or a little bigger pen than a slimline.
Hope this helps.

jhudson1977

I'm planning on using Purpleheart without the grip. I personally like the grip but I have honestly only made one with the grip (for myself out of Bloodwood). But, makes sense. Helps a lot! Thanks!

Chasper

I have them priced from $29 to $75, depending on the blank. They could go even higher with a very nice blank. I think that the kit makes a good mid-market pen that sometimes is overlooked. Deduct at least $5-$20 if you use the rubber grip.

Top Bottom