Pressure pot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

buster

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can apply a vacuum to the alumilite brand pressure pot. And do you really need vacuum for making any kind of blanks. Thanks for the help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Do a search in the Casting forum and you will find many discussions about vacuum vs pressure and needs for each.

Short answer (reading what you are posting about not just what you posted): with Alumilite you really don't have time to both vacuum and pressure before it starts setting and it sets "bubble free" with just pressure.

GK

ElMostro

Buster, are you referring to the pressure pot they sell or the resin? For the resin you can apply vac to the resin BUT it works just fine with just pressure. Setting time is an issue, so if you are working with vac the resin may be set well before you reach 29HG unless you have a really efficient vac pump. (I am not familiar with their pressure pot so can't comment there). By the way, Welcome aboard.

Eugene

Breaking my own rule about answering about what I don't imperically know...

Can the Alumilite pot be used for Vacuum? I don't know, but I don't see why not. The new Alumilite pressure pot looks very much like the HF pressure pot.

http://www.alumilite.com/ProdDetail.cfm?Category=Equipment&Name=Pressure Pot

If you have to assemble it yourself (put the fittings on), there is no reason you could not rig it to be a pressure/vac pot.

You might give them a call 800-447-9344. Ask for Mike.

OKLAHOMAN

Have had my harbor freight pot for over a year,paid 19.98 with a 50% off coupon and its rated to 80 pounds not 30 the left over $ $147.01 even @$39.99 will buy five gallons of PR.
Originally posted by Neodon1

I hate to say it, no I don't! Don't buy the Alumilite
Presure Pot at $187.00, get the higher rated one at
Harbor Freight for just $39.99 ITEM 93119-1VGA

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93119

it looks and acts just like the original at humanly good
prices. Oh and it.s rated to hold up to 30Lb's

I have one it works fine

Neodon1 [8D]

Top Bottom