powermatic 3520B lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wizical

hey everybody,

i have two questions pertaining to this lathe. I need to know the length from one end of the bed to another. I keep getting different answers and i need to be exact. the second ? is if you had to have 220 installed, how much did it cost? thank you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The bed is 50-1/2", without the 18" extension

I have the motor hanging off one end and the tail stock as far off as it would go on the other. So the distance from the motor to the handle on the tailstock is 70".

I wired the 220v myself,

Dario

Ron's figures are correct.

Note that there is also a tool holder/organizer that you can install optionally at the leg (headstock side) and it is about 5-1/2".

Re: wiring. I used the dryer plug which luckily is in the garage. What I did was tap my home made heavy duty extension cord directly to the dryer so I wont have to plug/unplug every time. Only down side is I can only use one (dryer or lathe) at a time. I do unplug between the extension cord and the lathe when not in use, which is majority of the time since I hardly turn on my PM3520B. [B)][V]

alamocdc

Yup, Ron got it. The previous had already wired the shop for 22 for a cracker box welder so I can't help you there. I will say this, if you get one of these you'll love it!

Jarheaded

I spent $60 on supplies and $12 for beer to bribe an electrician friend. I'm sure he would do it for you if you buy him an airplane ticket. [:)] Otherwise, you must know someone that can run a wire.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Jarheaded
<br />I spent $60 on supplies and $12 for beer to bribe an electrician friend. I'm sure he would do it for you if you buy him an airplane ticket. [:)] Otherwise, you must know someone that can run a wire.

I gave the friend who wired my 220 a six foot slab of walnut. He was thrilled. In fact, we both were. [:D]

YoYoSpin

I put the 220v circuit in myself...about $25 total costs for a 80' run of 12 gage copper Romex, the power point and 20 amp double-pole breaker. Check your local codes on the wire gage...it'll specify either 10g or 12g, and you may or may not need a permit.

To have a pro do the same job would probably run between $150 and $200.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by YoYoSpin
<br />I put the 220v circuit in myself...about $25 total costs for a 80' run of 12 gage copper Romex, the power point and 20 amp double-pole breaker. Check your local codes on the wire gage...it'll specify either 10g or 12g, and you may or may not need a permit.

To have a pro do the same job would probably run between $150 and $200.

If I did it myself, y'all would be talking about poor Fried Frank. [:0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom