powdercoating and a propane camp oven

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

foamcapt40

I know folks here have done powdercoating pen tubes in a toaster oven but I have a propane camp oven that we don't use and I was wondering about using it for baking the powder coat on. Thoughts? I know I would have to get an accurate thermometer and it may be had to get set.... but I already have it and Thought I would use what I have.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

I would think as long as you can direct the heat away from direct contact with the tubes you would be ok. When i powder coat my tubes, i use a cheap little $20 toaster oven from walmart. It might be cheaper and less heartache to just buy that rather than build a contraption for what you have

seamus7227

Hers a pic of my both that I built,not sure why the picture is sideways, SMH

ForumRunner_20150406_212921.png

Last edited:

seamus7227

Here is what's in door #2, not much but it's where the spraying of paint happens!!

ForumRunner_20150406_221201.png

The very bottom compartment houses the air compressor, above that the paint bottles, then the power supplies and extra storage, then the spray booth and of course above that is the toaster oven. Conveniently located on the right side are three powder coating guns, one of which is a dual voltage gun for multi-layer coatings.

Top Bottom