Powdercoating New Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Russb

I was wondering if anyone clear powdercoats kits to increase their plating life. Seems like powdercoat could be harder than some plating options. I have a powdercoat gun on the way and consider this method on higher end pens. Question 2. Has anyone ever had pen parts gold plated by a third party to increase their quality?

Thanks in advance...

mrcook4570

I can see why one would powdercoat to get a different color or effect. But to increase the life of the plating, I think a better (lss time consuming and possibly more economical) option would be to buy titanium or platinum kits.

its_virgil

I was powdercoating 10K and 24K pens in the beginning but soon decided that purchasing only titanium gold kits was more than worth the extra cost and lots easier than PCing the kit parts. It was neat a first but a pain later. Go for it! To each his own.

Someone has posted in the past about plating but it been a long time ago and may have been on anthter forum.

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Russb
<br />I was wondering if anyone clear powdercoats kits to increase their plating life. Seems like powdercoat could be harder than some plating options. I have a powdercoat gun on the way and consider this method on higher end pens. Question 2. Has anyone ever had pen parts gold plated by a third party to increase their quality?

Thanks in advance...

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Russb
<br />I was wondering if anyone clear powdercoats kits to increase their plating life. Seems like powdercoat could be harder than some plating options. I have a powdercoat gun on the way and consider this method on higher end pens. Question 2. Has anyone ever had pen parts gold plated by a third party to increase their quality?

Thanks in advance...
If the components are tn coated as in higer end pens it is not necessary.
If you are clear coating upgrade gold then I wouldn't necessarily consider it a higher end pen.
I have P.C. parts for different effects but it is a lot of work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom