Powder Coater Postage to Australia?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TurnaPen

Hello to you all, hope I am in the correct area for this question, I am trying to get a Powder Coater, and saw one from Eastwood Co. at a reasonable price. BUT--they tell me it is $76 US to send USPS, and that is the cheapest they can do? I have asked for US ordinary mail,? Now, I am not conversant with your mail system, but CSUSA sends me stuff US mail at very reasonable rates, but $76 US is $117 Aust. at present which is more than half the price of the goods!!!! Am I being diddled? why can't it be sent US mail ,?
This is not the first time some Company has tried to charge Exhorbitant prices, one time I tried for some Software for my Laser Engraver, one company asked arounf $60US for postage, when I complained they could send it another way for $30, BUT-- another HONEST company told me that they ship US free up to $10 and that the postage was $20 and they would take off the $10 that is free, and charged me $10 US only.
I would appreciate some guidance here, many thanks , Amos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

US mail is USPS---United States Postal Service
If I where to guess---they are wanting to ship it Priority mail.
There is a big difference in size and weight?????????
Just a guess but these are things I would look at.
I just lost a Intenational sale because the shipping was going to be $41.95 for a $20.00 item----it weighed 18 pounds.

Pen Maker

Amos, Eastman is only shipping via FedEx my shipping from one state over by Ground was 12.95. Not so bad considering that it looks to me like some portion of that kit isn't shippable via Air.

That may not be the case at all. I did notice on their contact page you could email the President of the company directly. I'd try that first and get them to ship via DHL forget the post office route. The weight/pkg size wouldn't call for shipping charges that high.

TurnaPen

Thanks thus far, their reply to my "ordinary" mail was that it cannot be tracked, I have asked for ordinary anyway and take responsibility, am not sure of size or weight.
The machine I looked at "Deluxe Kit" is around $135 US and it did not say electricity is needed, only the spray gun , the compressor I already have>?! Amos

smitty9306

Hi Amos
Others can correct me if i am wrong. I believe some form of power is needed to powder coat. I have the craftsman version mine doesn't need a compressor but it has a transformer that plugs into my outlet. I think powder coating works by applying a positive charge to the paint and a negative charge to the item being coated. I know your power is different in Australia than it is in the US so you may want to check out power requirements. Not trying to be a smart a@@ just trying to save you some grief. If you already knew all this you can disregard this message.
Jon

bitshird

Thanks thus far, their reply to my "ordinary" mail was that it cannot be tracked, I have asked for ordinary anyway and take responsibility, am not sure of size or weight.
The machine I looked at "Deluxe Kit" is around $135 US and it did not say electricity is needed, only the spray gun , the compressor I already have>?! Amos

You will need electricity to power the rectifier/transformer that creates a positive charge at the tip of the gun, and a ground at the part being powder coated, I believe the Eastwood units are only 110 volt. Not sure whether or not the HZ would make much difference isn;t Australia on 220 50 HZ ?

bitshird

Thanks for that info re the Xfmr, our power is 240volts and would blow the unit unless I use a stepdown transformer, (which I have). Will contact them and see what the unit consists of. Amos
I have the Eastwood unit, and I have had good luck with it, just remember to touch the tip of the gun to the ground clip, or you'll have a very distinct hair do and a spastic arm.

Top Bottom