postage stamp blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

is there anyone that makes or sells blanks like the computer circuit board, snake skin or carbon fiberblanks that has postage stamps in them? I need to make a pen as a gift for a postman that is also a stamp collector. Any help would be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
I made one a while back for a stamp collector friend. I used some pretty rare stamps from what he said. Didn't use the actual stamps though, I scanned them and then printed them out.

DurocShark

I made one a while back for a stamp collector friend. I used some pretty rare stamps from what he said. Didn't use the actual stamps though, I scanned them and then printed them out.

That's a good way to get one of the uber-rare stamps into a pen!

JohnU

Last year I started gathering some stamps and was going to try and come up with a nice pen..... and then I seen someone was selling the blanks and I pushed the stamps aside. Hoping someday to finish one of those darn things.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
If you used real stamps in the pen, would you still have to pay postage to mail it???:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink:

"If the Pope pushed over Howdy Doody in the woods and there was
no one around but one hand clapping, would Rose Kennedy get
bear **** on her black dress? I think I've made my point."
--Thaddeus N. Gunn

bruce119

I just went on a buying spree of all kinds of postage stamps

Saving stamps- S&H Green Stamps,King Korn Stamps, Eagle Stamps

And a boat load of cigar labels.

p1010007.jpg

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Do a search on here. Someone did a stamp pen a long time ago and he had quite a trial to get it to work. I remember he ended up sealing the stamps on the tube before casting but I don't remember what he sealed them with.

GK

Chris Bar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv1WoQtwVVE

Think this might be it. Have at least one stamp here from over 300 countries in the world...from ham radio QSL card virus :biggrin:. Think I can make some nice pens...or bowls...or something perhaps! If I only knew how to make a bowl. If I pay for lessons, I would at least expect instruction on the skew!

Top Bottom