Postable or not?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scoots

I have a feeling that I'm going to get half the group saying one and half saying the other, but here it goes. Which seems to be a bigger hit with your buyers (as to kits that have the option) - postable pens, or ones that are not postable?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
If you have postable pens available, they will sell faster than those that aren't because of the general perception that a real pen has to have a posting cap. There is also the factor that we always put a higher price on the closed-end non-postable pen, and people will go for the lower price every time.

If you make nothing but closed-end pens that aren't postable, people will buy them for what they are. Personally, I didn't see any drop in sales when I switched to pens that weren't postable and no ;longer gave anyone the option. .

Othere may have different experience.

mickr

I hate to say it, but my customers don't seem to notice (75% of the time) I think they buy on looks...and I think some hate seeing threads..But I'd say 75 % again buy postable

... my personal preference is.. I don't like posted pen -- I think the cap posted makes the pen top heavy and uncomfortable to write with. That's my preference for my own use and has nothing to do with what sells... I would say my customers seem to prefer the postable.

OKLAHOMAN

As said I sell postables over non postables, its all in how they are presented to the customers. I only sell the non postables in the Emperor,Lotus and Imperial more as collector and desk pens. The postables are the Jr. series and if the customer after trying the pen thinks it's top heavy I simply remove the top and say try it now...all postable pens CAN be used non posted...It just make my inventory better for me to only carry the postables in the Jr series. and the non in the higher end. Actually had more customers that wanted the Emperor posted than the Jrs non postable.

Last edited:
Roy,
I make mostly postable too and if I happen to use one for myself, just leave the cap off... here a while back, I bought a number of kits that were the same kits, and were both postable and non-postable.. post people would pick up one of the non-postables and immediately post the cap to see how it felt... when I advised them that it was a non-postable, they would immediately put it down and pick up one that could be posted...

Russianwolf

I only make the Stretch Postable pens now. All other Fountains/Rollerballs are non-postable due to number of complaints about how top-heavy they were.

with the thinner/smaller metal caps on the stretch, it doesn't make an issue.

drayman

well this is just my way of thinking, that is.. a pen that has a cap should not be put on a pen whilst it is being used. the reason is that it is too top heavy. and i sell plenty of both.

Top Bottom