Postable Jr. Statesman sort of review

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I recently assembled my first one of these, for myself. I had bought a couple a while back. I don't know if anyone else has made these and tried using them with the cap posted or not. Maybe it just the size of my hands, not all that big, but I find it very uncomfortable when posted. The problem is the trim ring. On a Jr. Gent or Baron, the black trim ring is narrow and smooth, but on the Jr. Statesman it is much wider and very rough. I'm not sure I'll be making any more of these, probably make closed end pens from the rest of these kits.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

FWIW, I had bought the post end when you could still do that piece mail. I originaly built my personal Jr. Statesman as a postable pen and really did not like how it felt or wrote postable. I knocked it apart and put the non-posting end on it and not only do I like how it writes, it looks MUCH nicer IMHO. Although, with the new postable ones, having the trim on the post end makes it look much nicer than when you used the Jr. Gend end.

OKLAHOMAN

Seldom do I dissagree with you but I do like the postable Jr.Statesman it feels good in my hand and they sell better in Oklahoma,Texas.

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />I recently assembled my first one of these, for myself. I had bought a couple a while back. I don't know if anyone else has made these and tried using them with the cap posted or not. Maybe it just the size of my hands, not all that big, but I find it very uncomfortable when posted. The problem is the trim ring. On a Jr. Gent or Baron, the black trim ring is narrow and smooth, but on the Jr. Statesman it is much wider and very rough. I'm not sure I'll be making any more of these, probably make closed end pens from the rest of these kits.

Firefyter-emt

I can agree with the fact that it would sell better, that is the one thing people always say to me "what do you do with the cap" I am normally standing when I use my pen so I slip in in my front pocket until I am done so I can easily see how it would sell better, in fact I do like the look of the new post end with the emblem on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom