Postable Ballpoint Pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StephenM

Are there any postable ballpoint pens out there besides the Pocket Ballpoint by Laulau? Has anyone turned one of these lately? I read a review and it said the wood is ultra thin when you're finished turning and was wondering if that's still the case. Also, what type of refill do they take?

My wife does not like rollerballs and I don't like making Euro style pens...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Are there any postable ballpoint pens out there besides the Pocket Ballpoint by Laulau? Has anyone turned one of these lately? I read a review and it said the wood is ultra thin when you're finished turning and was wondering if that's still the case. Also, what type of refill do they take?

My wife does not like rollerballs and I don't like making Euro style pens...
I really don't know of any but I want to watch this thread. They're are a lot of low end plastic Bics and Papermates that are but I don't know of any kits which are usually retractable.

Russianwolf

The Rollerballs will take a G2 refill. Swap that and you have a capped ballpoint.

If you want to go with a Parker, you just need to shorten the barrel to compensate for the shorter refill or make a spacer to fit behind it.

jzerger

The Pocket Pen is a, dare-I-say, cute little pen. I like the look, the feel, and the style. I've only made 5 of them (sold the ones I didn't want to keep). The material does get thin but by rounding a bit and using antler or corian worked best for me. The one disadvantage, to me, is that they use a mini-refill which is a bit too "thin" for me. Availability of refills is sometimes a tough sell...for the folks looking to buy.

KenV

I once fit a Uniball refill to a rollerball as a "special order". The uniball is significantly longer than a normal parker type. Had them to fit the classic Sierra Click pens.

Memory is that I needed drill out the nib a bit to accomidate the shape of the refill above the tip. Was an easy fix.

Top Bottom