Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Postable or not postable?

• Postable all the time

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • Not postable ever

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Not postable unless specially requested

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Not postable except (Stretch, Gran Torino, Electra, Zen)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I buy what is in stock.

Votes: 12 18.5%

• Total voters
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

I personally prefer postable caps. Gives the pen more length and also allows for somewhere to put the cap.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This does depend on the pen size.

Jr. Gent size---80% posted
Full size gent--none

All information is now two years old, but was pretty reliable for many shows.

Mark

I voted I buy what's in stock. I don't have a preference either way. We sell both. I probably make more postable, but not for any reason other than cost of the hardware and the finished pen. I try and stay with styles that can swap RB and FP back and forth as needed.

darrin1200

I go a little both ways. For my day to day pen I prefer postable to get the cap out of the way.
For a special pen that stays on my desk, either way will work.
One of my clients hates non postable, while another hates seeing the threads on that end of the pen.

The highend kits I have (Cambridge/Canadiana) are non postable. I am currently searching for a new-to-me highend style that has a postable cap. With all the kits that are being phased out, I am not sure which one to go with. One of theses days I will have to break down and just pick one.

OKLAHOMAN

Jr. Gent size postable, if the customer prefers the weight w/o the top posted he/she has the option to not post.

Gent size non posted.

Last edited:

papaturner

I voted postable because I`m a pen toter.............I have a pen regardless of where there I`m working, playing or simply goofing off.

However if requested I do made the nonpostable for others.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
All things equal, non-postable. I never post the cap personally, too much weight. However, I won't pass up a good price on a postable kit. I just don't post it.

azamiryou

So far mine are all postable because that's the kits I've bought. For FPs, though, it does give me pause...

I had one comment from a FP user who likes posting, but complained about the screw posting. Unlike an RB, for a FP the position of the posted clip is important, and with screw posting, the user doesn't get much control over the clip position.

In his collection of (commercially made) FPs, I didn't see any that used threads for posting - they were all friction fit.

Top Bottom