To post or not to post....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

If the pen is smaller, like a Baron, I post it. I prefer the extra length, but the weight is a bit of a bother.

Looks like a lot f the folks in the thread you linked prefer them not posted. My customers almost always prefer the closed-end pens, ESPECIALLY those that are fountain-pen savvy.

I also MUCH prefer a nice, hourglass shaped pen that is closed-end and longer than the average FP, these fit my hands wonderfully.
This Jr. Gent in alternative ivory is the most comfortable pen I've ever written with.

albums%5Credfishsc%5Caltivory_tigoldJrgent1.JPG

sparhawk

I havent tried a non-postable pen yet but the baron i use as my daily (fountain pen) doesn't feel right without the cap posted. Not sure if i would like having to lay my cap down and then afterwards looking for it but if it felt right then non-posted it would be.I have to make rounds in a control room and after i start writing i may end up way across the room to finish filling out my rounds. Of course if i didnt have to stop then when i got back where i started i could just put the cap back on.

Firefyter-emt

For me, it all depends on the balance. I hate the Jr. Statesmans posted because the cap is so heavy. My Parker 51 writes poorly if the cap is not posted due to the transfer of weight. I do find that pretty much all of my vintage pens get posted (save a 1946 Vacumatic that likes to scuff the body if I do) yet almost all my handmade pens do not get posted.

Top Bottom