Is it possible to remove waterslides...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan26

I put a waterslide on a pen and after a few hours noticed that one corner folded under. What's the best way to fix this? I'm using a clear decal and the part that is folded doesn't interfere with the print. I put 6 coats of CA under the decal and nothing over it yet. Any help?

Oh yeah, I don't want to take the whole decal off either.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

steeler fan1

You could try getting it wet again and VERY carefully adjusting the position. This is tricky, the decal will tear very easily. Seems like it would be worth a try before you resort to a 'do over'.

Carl

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Waterside decals are surprisingly hard to remove. If the fold doesn't interfere with the artwork try putting enough coats of CA on to hide the difference in thickness. If that doesn't work you've lose nothing, just turn or sand it off and start over.

Dan26

Thanks for the suggestions.

Now to show my stupidness.:eek: Apparently the corner didn't fold under. I went to the shop and looked at it again. It sure looks like it did but I can't feel anything. Well, I moved the light to get a better look and the corner just vanished. Moved the light back and the corner looks messed up again. I guess I'll finish it tomorrow and see how it looks. I think the light was just hitting it at an angle that gave the illusion that I screwed up.

spilperson

You guys got me curious now...

What is a "waterslide"? Or is it a "waterside" (without the L)?

Some kind of decal, I guess?

Thanks for an explanation for a newbie (ish)!

Top Bottom