Is it possible...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ngeb528

Is it possible to make a slimline pencil kit into one of those long, single blank styles like the pen below?

I haven't made any yet and have an order for one. She really liked the long, single blank look but I'm unsure if it's even possible with the pencil kit.

Any ideas or advice?
Tulipwood Long Slimline.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jthompson1995

It should be possible, not that I've done it yet. I've only seen the slimline pencils as click pencils, hopefully that's what you mean.

You would need to turn the centerband coupling down to be able to slide through the drilled hole in the blank or you could just get long 7mm tubes and custom cut the length of both tubes plus the centerband. I would think one of the hardest parts may be drilling the hole over 4 inches deep through the single blank and keeping it straight.

My $0.02, hope it helps.

its_virgil

Read the article "matching Pen and pencil set" on my website at http://www.RedRiverPens.com but instead of gluing the blank from two pieces of wood, use just one. The length is critical but it should be doable.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Is it possible to make a slimline pencil kit into one of those long, single blank styles like the pen below?

I haven't made any yet and have an order for one. She really liked the long, single blank look but I'm unsure if it's even possible with the pencil kit.

Any ideas or advice?
View attachment 16326

sefali

It's easy enough with a single long tube. Just cut it the length of 2 shorts and a center band. Length is much more important on the pencil than it is on a pen.

jfoh

Easy to do and I think it shows off the wood much better than as a two piece pencil.

Top Bottom