Poplar pen of women

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregMuller

I am going to make a pen for my sister-in-law for her birthday. I am going to use a strawberry acrylic blank. What are the pens types that women like the best based on every ones experience.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary

You're probably going to find just about every style mentioned by someone. The exception maybe being the really big pens. But I'll bet she will be happy with whichever kit you choose.

woodpens

My experience says many of them don't want a pen with a cap. My wife likes the European ballpoints. She doesn't care for slimlines.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
My wife loves the doubletwist Euro, it takes a Parker refill and she can use the gel ink in it...
She also likes the Perfect Fit Convertable.. which does the same...
Both of these are nice fitting pens for most women's hands.. not overly big...
Now my mother likes the cigar pen I made her, but she has arthritis in her hands and says the larger pen does not cramp her fingers..
You might also want to look at the Atlas that Arizona Silhouette has... it is a nice hand fitting pen and short and only needs one barrel turned.. also takes the Parker refill.

wayneis

BB's new Olympia, the double twist flat top americans, 10K Presidential are all good sellers for the Ladies. Also believe it or not the El Grande is to. And lastly if you want a little more expensive kit then the Baron has been going really well lately to my Lady clients. In fact my Mother just asked me to make her a Baron because she really liked how it felt and looked.

Wayne

jkirkb94

In my experience the women tend to go for the acrylic resins more than wood. Pen styles vary. Some have wanted the European and a few have liked the cigar even though they are heavier. Kirk[8D]

John Carr

I've sold mostly Slimlines in light colored woods to the ladies, but they always seem to want dark woods as presents for the men in their lives.

woodscavenger

The nurses at the hospital have snapped up my cigar pens and lef the slimline and fatlines untouched except for a couple. I think the larger pen is less likely to get lost in their pockets.

elody21

Slimlines are toooo small and cigar pens are tooo big. A European pen is JUST right!
Alice

Fred in NC

From the above, I have made my own deductions . . .

Nurses and doctors, and other professions, have their own needs.

Different markets have their own preferences.

So, I need a variety of shapes and colors in my inventory.

tomwojeck

Originally posted by GregMuller
<br />I am going to make a pen for my sister-in-law for her birthday. I am going to use a strawberry acrylic blank. What are the pens types that women like the best based on every ones experience.

I've been selling a good bit of the Classic American twist pens to women. They're thicker than the slimline, but not as much as the Cigars etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom