polymer clay users

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sgimbel

I just got some canes from EBay. The problem is they are to large (7/8"). Can I roll them out to a much smaller size? They are butterflies. Will rolling them out just distort the image? I need to take them down a bunch to make them work on tubes. I'm brand new at this.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

Short answer is yes, you can roll them out to make then smaller. Long answer includes how you do it. You have to do it uniformly, stretching as you go...and do it slowly. It is not a quick process.

I'm sure someone with more experience will chip in soon and give you more guidance.

I would cut off a section and just do that section. Don't try the entire cane at once....unless it is pretty short.

Toni

Scott~for a newbie as yourself (not sounding mean or anything) your only choice is to roll it flip it over and roll, that way you roll from all the directions. You are going to have a bit of waste but there really isnt any easier way for you to do it. You can take a look on utube and search reducing polymer clay canes and see if they demo for you on reducing.

best of luck!!

Top Bottom