Polymer Clay Pen Turning Guide

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

adolia

I have been making pens for over 6 months now with polymer and have learned a LOT. As I read through the forums here, i am noticing that many people do not know some of the basics of polymer clay, or seem a bit afraid of it.

I have been working on a guide and kit for polymer clay artists. It is still a bit rusty, but I am wondering if anyone here is interested in helping me with proofreading it? I also am planning on posting a condensed version in the forums for everyone here who wants to work with polymer clay.

Please let me know if you would be interested in a copy of my draft to help me finish proofreading this guide!

Cheryl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
I would love to. I review technical documentation for work, so I could probably do some constructive feedback. I have very little polymer clay experience, but have read some books on it too, so i will have a little relevant experience other than pens.

wb7whi

It is difficult to edit your own work without putting it in a drawer for 6mo. Send it over with some general information like audiance, age bracket and so forth.

Since I do not yet work with the clay it will be fresh with no expectations

Wayne

leehljp

Member Liaison
I would be interested in it also. If you have enough proof readers, I still would be interested in the process itself.

My son in law has his masters in Ceramic Arts and was just here for a visit (with my grandson and daughter.) Our area is one of the most famous and ancient of ceramics and pottery places in Japan. We visited several while he was here. And I saw some pottery that was layered much like what I have seen with PC. LOML bought one of those. It looks something like the multi-layered and expensive Japanese lacquer-ware.

I became very interested in seeing if a pen can be made similar to the pottery that LOML purchased.

adolia

I am still working on the guide but getting close to finishing the first draft. Once i have the text finished I will be taking photos. I am hoping to get the first proof reading done beforehand, so people can let me know what areas need photos for clarifacation. I may be posting some of the chapters in the forums in the meantime to help answer some of the more common questions.

Thanks all for your input and I will let you know which the draft is ready for the edit!

Cheryl

Cheryl,
Sounds like you have enough readers, but if you still need another, I would be glad to add my name to the list... I've seen some of the pens in PC and they look very interesting and wouldn't mind trying some myself... my wife was a ceramic artist and had her own shop in her earlier years and I'm sure she could add some insight as well.

pensmyth

Sounds like you have more than enough proof reading offers. I'm interested in the final product. I've briefly played with the clay making "trinkets" and I'm really interested in expanding the ideas into pen making. I look forward to your final published work!

Andy

titan2

Sounds like you have more than enough proof reading offers. I'm interested in the final product. I'm really interested in expanding the ideas into pen making. I look forward to your final published work!

Andy

Dittos here........

I too will be looking forward to your final published work!

Barney

Top Bottom