Polymer Clay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

chiphunters

Hi Everyone!!!!:)
We're brand new to penturning, so get ready---we'll have lots and lots of questions I'm sure!!!!:D

I've played with polymer clay in my crafting, and was wondering if any of you have ever tried it for turning a pen???????????? My husband just got a Jet and is in the John Deere Room all the time now!!!!! Nothing is safe anymore -- he wants to make a pen out of EVERYTHING!!!![:0]

Thanks for any info!!!![^]
jane and George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Chiphunters!!

Let me introduce you to one of the most powerful and useful benefits to the IAP, the photo gallery search engine. At the very top of this page (and most pages) you will see the menu bar. Just below it you will see the "Quick Picks" and the forth from the right of those is "Photos".

Like most sites you can see all the photos of a specific member but here on IAP you can also search the entire gallery by key words. So if you want to see a specific style of pen, type in the style name; or if you want to see what a pen made of a certain material looks like, type in that material. In this case I did a quick search using the word "clay" and you can see the resulting creations here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/photo_album.asp?mode=search&AlbumUsers=0&Photo_Search=clay&submit1=search

Here are 2 of the 34 that caught my eye:
polyclay.jpg

Brain%20Fried%20Atlas2.jpg

We look forward to seeing your creations!!!

GK
ps Don't feel bad about George's "creativity". Some of us have been known to make pen blanks out of coffee beans, and pot scrubbers, and sponges, and.... Oh well, you get the idea. Nothing IS safe but it all makes nice pens!

YoYoSpin

Welcome to the group.

You'll find a how-to article on Poly Clay pen turning in issue # 2 (Summer 2004) of Woodturning Design magazine: http://www.woodturningdesign.com/issues/back.shtml. Clay pen making yields some pretty outstanding results, but I've given up on the process as about one in three pens would develop cracks, often several months after finishing...which rules them out as a gift-giving or sale item for me.

These PC pens were all made 3 to 4 years ago:

77.jpg

ClayPen14b.jpg

ClayPen5c.jpg

ClayPen18b.jpg

ClayPen11c.jpg

chiphunters

THANKS!!!![:D][:D]

What a great forum!!! We really appreciate all the info from everyone!![:p]

Hopefully this will keep him busy for a while and he won't have to take down the stair rails!![;)]

We'll send pics when he's got some finished -- THANKS AGAIN!!!![:)]

jane & George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom