Polymer Clay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

AirportFF

Anyone ever try this stuff? I tried it a couple years ago and found it wasn't worth the hassles. I don't know if I was doing something wrong or not. But found that the blanks often had soft spots and blew apart on the mandrel.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

I have tried it a while back, never was able to get the results and finish I wanted. Several others felt the same way. Plus there was a durability problem. To many other good materials out there for me to screw with this stuff.

AirportFF

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />I have tried it a while back, never was able to get the results and finish I wanted. Several others felt the same way. Plus there was a durability problem. To many other good materials out there for me to screw with this stuff.

I agree, but I have a ton of it sitting here. Maybe I'll just mash it into a giant ball and toss it in the oven[;)]

PenWorks

Originally posted by AirportFF
<br />
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />I have tried it a while back, never was able to get the results and finish I wanted. Several others felt the same way. Plus there was a durability problem. To many other good materials out there for me to screw with this stuff.

I agree, but I have a ton of it sitting here. Maybe I'll just mash it into a giant ball and toss it in the oven[;)]

LOL.....I did the same thing allready, made some neat looking marbles. But I did save enough to fill cracks in pens. Try it, it looks pretty good. If you get a pen that cracks or has some holes in it. I fill it with clay, it will harden on its own, looks pretty good.

Teniko

My son and daughter are in to clay and I saw an article on polymer pens and thought it would be fun. Each one of us mixed up our own colors and I turned them. Good thing we made some extras because of blowout but the finished ones came out nice. Cinsidering the work, I won't be doing lots of them, but for a fun creative activity with the kids it was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom