Polyester Resin: Bondo?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

I was reading the how-to on the front page and noticed the PR embedding. I'm not sure what a good price for the PR is, never had occasion to buy it before, but noticed that Bondo sells PR for fiberglassing. Is this the same stuff? Never saw it harden without fiberglass, so dont know of it's clarity. [?]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Cool deal. Is it comparable in price to what you buy at a woodworking joint or more expensive?

btboone

It was less expensive, but that was lots of years ago, so I don't know where it stands today. You can compare to www.artstuf.com, where they have a lot of the polyester supplies.

JimGo

Billy, it looks like Mr. Fiberglass ( http://www.mrfiberglass.com/polyester_resins.html ) has raised his prices to be closer to that of Douglas & Sturges/Artstuf.com (http://www.artstuf.com/DStockNEW.fm$FIND?catsearch=PRN&header=CatHead&footer=CatFoot&html=CatShelf&sort=SKU ). Skye, Artstuf also sells PR pigments for cheap.

Skye

Cool, I'll look into that. Too bad you have to pay shipping ontop of the materials, ah well. Cant have it all, heh

its_virgil

Looks like Mr. Fiberglass is still $7 (I think D&S has raised their prices and it hasn't made it to the web page yet) cheaper for the clear casting resin or am I seeing it wrong? I think someone should do a group buy and purchase a couple of drums and pour it into 1 gal cans and ship is out to all of us.[:D]
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Skye
<br />Cool, I'll look into that. Too bad you have to pay shipping ontop of the materials, ah well. Cant have it all, heh

its_virgil

Jim,
I must admit that a group buy may not be the way to go on this stuff. We should just get it as we need it. Really what I'm saying is that I'm not the person for this...you have much more group buy experience that I...Thanks for the confidence.
do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Don, I look forward to taking advantage of your group buy!

its_virgil

My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I made this post about the PR group buy[:D]

It's believed that this saying was created by an English humorist in the 1800s. Most people have difficulty saying anything with their tongue in their cheek. But some people actually do stick their tongue against the inside of their cheek after saying a joke to show that they're only kidding.

Do a good turn daily!
Don
\
Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Looks like Mr. Fiberglass is still $7 (I think D&S has raised their prices and it hasn't made it to the web page yet) cheaper for the clear casting resin or am I seeing it wrong? I think someone should do a group buy and purchase a couple of drums and pour it into 1 gal cans and ship is out to all of us.[:D]
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Skye
<br />Cool, I'll look into that. Too bad you have to pay shipping ontop of the materials, ah well. Cant have it all, heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom