Poly bushings for CA glue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toyotaman

I saw the bushings where you can put on each end of the tubes after turning to keep the CA glue from sticking to the pen tubes the other day and cannot find them again. Who sells these. I think they are some kind of polyurathane bushings. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

HamTurns

I bought a 3/4" dia x 3 foot long white Delrin rod from Griangers last Friday for $7.50 after seeing the start of this thread.

I just started using a CA finish and very quickly recognized the need for these.

I finally got to use that scraper that came in my original tool kit that I'd never used before. It's a scraper with the tip shaped like this; /\ leaving a 60 degree cut on both sides.

I drilled a hole and put the delrin blank on my pen mandrel then just cut right in the middle of a 1.25" long blank, I cut right down to the mandrel with the scraper, parting off the pieces and leaving a nice 60 degree on both pieces. It took about 20 minutes to make these, including the drive over to Graingers.:biggrin:

jfoh

I made a set out of teflon that I have not yet tried. The ribbon from turning must have been ten miles long. Most of my sets that I made have been our of delrin and UMHW. Came across three blocks of teflon that if they work will provide material for several lifetimes.

Top Bottom