Polaris Advice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocStram

I need a little advice with a Polaris pen kit. It's the first one I've made. I reckon I've done something wrong. When I twist the cap the tip of the refill does not extend far enough out of the pen. Is there an easy solution? I would like to avoid disassembling the pen.
Thanks in advance for your help@

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Al, I've made quite a few, but haven't experienced that problem. The first thing I would do s make sure that the refill actually fits properly through the hole in the nib assembly. Take the refill out and see if it will go through the hole from the opposite direction. If it doesn't, use your calipers and find the closest sized drill bit and drill out the nib assembly. If the refill fits through the hole, I'm sorry, but I don't have any advice for you.

Bob A

Let's see if I can state this clearly. Not sure if they are exactly the same, but the Atlas instructions say that when you insert the transmission that the you should stop when the overall length is 3 3/4". That is from the top of the transmission to the bottom of the nib coupler. Hope this helps.

DocStram

Billy and Bob
OK, I checked ..... the tip of the refill fits thru the hole just fine.
I also measured it as. The length is just a little over 3/4, more like 7/8.

pssherman

Al,
According to the instructions that I have for the Polaris, there should be 11/16 of an inch of the chrome showing. That is a little less than 3/4. If you push the transmission in a little more the problem should be corrected. Hope this helps.

Paul in AR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom