pocketwatch made of snakewood?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

truckerdave

This may not be the right place to post this question, Mods feel free to move it to the right place if needed.
I would like to make a pocket watch from snakewood, but have a few questions.
Has anyone actually done this before? Are there any pics of the watch? Is there anyone on this forum that would have the snakewood in the size I need to make a watch? (2"X 2" X 1" min.) I would love to buy a piece like 2 x 2 x 12" if possible.
I know that snakewood is prone to cracks and can be problematic to use but I really want to try it out. I have made several pocketwatches in the past and sold most of them quickly. My favorite right now is one that I made from Leopardwood. I think that snakewood would make an awesome watch.
Thx in advance for all your help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

Russ has a tutorial on how to do a pocket watch, one of the items i want to do. I will have to do search to find it. Snake wood may be like Ebony and only have issues involved in making a pen. Carl

KenV

Check out Gilmer Woods in Portland OR for snakewood -- and bring your money for the good stuff. They do have a $100 minimum unless you visit them in person. You will have no problem exceeding the minimum for Snakewood. They have a lot of other eye candy there too -- camphor burl etc.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. As hard as snakewood is, it should be a lovely piece of work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom