Pocket Pen " Wild Cat "

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Okay, so if you read my other post on the pocket pen, you know my first impression was not good. So, what to do with these kits. I was just brainstorming, did not really want to cut any more and if I did, the stock wood have to be bigger...........

Well I did what any true blooded American boy would do, Make bats & bullets...........

Bill from AZ Sil. will like this. I remember I bought a case of nickle plated brass for my 7 TCU when I was shooting silhouetes.

Dug out the brass, the 7TCU case is just a standard military case .223 necked upped to take a 7mm bullet. So the case neck is 7mm, the 7mm tube slips right in, just a tad to long, so I whacked off 1/4 of the tube. Slipped the pen in to see if the case was long enough. Did not fit, took a 7mm drill and drilled out the case about 1/16 or two deeper, that worked fine. Glued the brass tube in the neck with CA, slid in the tension spring and now I have the perfect bullet pen. I like it, my shooting buds are going to eat this up, I might just sell a gross of them. Not to bad from something I did not want anything to do with. Oh, I made this forearm for my gun ages ago.

20041121184743_Dsc00861.jpg

Well I did not have a gross to make yet, so I saw another member posted a baseball bat pen, not long ago, I really liked it and he did a wonderfull job. I thought he said the kit was from Cananda or England, I didn't want to chase it down, so forgot about it.

With that in my mind, I just grabed some longer stock, drilled the same 1 7/8 hole, slid in the brass tube and spun what I think looks like a bat with a dooo hicky sticking out. Much more enjoyable to cut, I had some working room. I'm sure if you give this kit more thought, you can come up with a lot of ideas for this little pen kit. Just might have to buy some more. Anthony

20041121183545_Dsc00865.jpg

20041121184930_Dsc00863.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Anthony!

Very interesting! I knew that had to be a Thompson Contender before I read on to see that it was! I used to shoot sillhouette a bit myself.

That's a great use for the pocket pen kit. I agree - they should sell well!

Scott.

PenWorks

Heck Doug, this is new unfired, unprimed brass. Nothin but the best for my customers[:D] Who would have thought 15 years ago when I bought this stuff, I would be making pens out of it! Goes to show you, nothing like being a pac rat.

PenWorks

Bill, since the 7mm tube will be exposed in the case, that should be no problem. I would not think that the little tension spring that holds the pen, would not work out. Or you can just run a bead of glue at the end of the tube to be sure. I tried a 7 BR case but was to short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom