PLEXI GLASS MIX?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dscm1

O.K. I WENT OUT AND GOT SOME PLEXI GLASS AND ACETONE TO TRY AND STBILIZE A COUPLE BLANKS. NOW WHAT? TO WHAT CONSISTENCY DO YOU MIX IT? HOW LONG DO YOU LET THE BLANKS SOAK? DO YOU REALLY NEED TO PREESUREIZE IT? COULD SOMEONE EMAIL ME A DETAILED INSTRUCTION GUIDE TO THIS PROCESS? HELP!!!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wudwrkr

I don't know much about the plexiglass mix, I should let you know that when you use all caps it could be considered rude. [:I] Not everyone is familiar with 'net etiquette. [:0] All caps is considered yelling and not usually appreciated. It doesn't bother me, but I thought I'd let you know.[:D]

Dario

I've done the plexi-acetone mix but forgot to get the ratio [:D]. I know it took the plexi about 5 days to dissolve before I started.

If my approximate is correct, I used a 24" x 11.5" x 1/8" piece dissolved in 1 gallon of acetone.

I have the vacuum setup but never did the last part yet...connect the thing to the bottle cap [B)] so never used it yet.

I did stabilize quite a few (probably 50-60 blanks) without the vacuum and it worked well!!! I am planning on turning some of the stabilized pieces right after my finals (2 weeks from now) and report back.

alamocdc

I don't use a ratio and I don't use pressure. I use vacuum and I disolve the plexi until the mixture is about the viscosity of heavy cream. It will take a few days to dissolve, but I've found that if I adjitate the jar a few times a day it goes faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom