Pleased with what's inside.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hendu3270

This obviously isn't a finished pen and don't think it really fits in the "show us your pen" forum.....yet.

This will be a Sceptre roller ball pen. The center section is Claro Walnut Burl and the outer rings are spalted Maple (with brass rings). Just couldn't wait to show off the maple before I get it finished up. I've not seen a piece of Maple with quite this much "activity" going on. The spalting is so pronounced it almost looks like marblewood! :eek: Excited to see how this one turns out. Allthough it doesn't really look like it, I've turned the top of the cap down to the appropriate diameter of the clip ring using my calipers and NOT the bushing. Would not have known this if not for this forum. :good:

Attachments

• Walnut-Maple.jpg
    Walnut-Maple.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 321

Hendu3270

That blank is going to look nice, but good Lord, that's one ugly photo background. Maybe a new contest for the next Bash!

LOL! I agree. all the white is wetsanding slurry that gets slung all over the dust collection hood and my lathe bed looks terrible in this pic!! I need to give it some attention.

Top Bottom