Pink wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyingmelon

I need a piece of pink wood. I know that I can dye it but I also want grain to show. What would you all recommend either for a natural wood or a dyed piece that has some grain that will pop with dying pink?
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dgscott

Depends on what kind of pink you want -- flamingo pink, or a natural light rose color. I have a bunch of pink ivory that turns nicely and finishes beautifully. PM me if you'd like to swap a couple of blanks.

Fitz

I just turned some pens from Sweet Gum Eucalyptus that were a nice subltle pink.

crogers

Pink Ivory (can be a bit of a pain - at least for me - to work with), carob can have some nice pink, and Lyptus (a eucalyptus hybid thing, widely available at hardwood lumber dealers) can have a pink tone to it.

Good luck!

Pink Ivory, you can find pieces with beautiful deep pink coloring.

I have found it great to work with, smells great to.

Why dye a piece of wood pink when there is already a great natural option, it will make life easier on you.

sdlewis

Well there are several I can think of. Pink Ivory as metioned above, Tulipwood is great, Vasticuler burl, any of the Aussie blanks like, Lace sheoak. That's me two cents.

Chasper

Take a look at pink Diamond wood from Wood-n-Whimsies. Tropical Passion is the pink one, they sell it straight cut or angle cut. Turns great, looks good, finishes nicely.

M

monkeynutz

In addition to the pink ivory, if you can find some rose myrtle, I think you'd like it. And the burls in rose myrtle are just beautiful.

Top Bottom