?Pine Cones?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchuck

I am wanting to make some pine cone pens. A guy gave me a small pine cone which I drilled out and turned into a pen and I liked it a lot. I put it with my other pens and people saw it and liked it and I'm in need for more cones. I can't find any down here in Florida right now. Anybody have any that they could send me I'd appreciate it or know where I could get some?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

Every Christmas, the stores are filled with pine cones that have been scented with cinnamon. As it nears Christmas, and particularly afterwards, they nearly give them away. Not only are they generally bigger cones, but the shop smells nice for the rest of the winter. You might keep that in mind for the future. My brother enjoys making pens from pine cones, so we are always on the lookout for ways to get good ones.

I am wanting to make some pine cone pens. A guy gave me a small pine cone which I drilled out and turned into a pen and I liked it a lot. I put it with my other pens and people saw it and liked it and I'm in need for more cones. I can't find any down here in Florida right now. Anybody have any that they could send me I'd appreciate it or know where I could get some?

I've got a truck load of Knobby pine and Sugar pine cones that are dried (closed) and ready to cut. They aren't stabilized yet because I generally stabilize them as I need them. I can send you a few raw cones, or if you give me some time, I can have a batch stabilized and ready to turn in about 1 week.

SDB777

Do you happen to remember what kind of pine cone it was?

There is a lot of difference between a Longleaf Pine, White Pine, and the Afghan Pine cones.....biggest difference being some pine cones open when mature, and some stay closed until heated by things like a fire.

Scott (afghan cones rule) B

Top Bottom