Pimp My Pen Kit Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

I recently did my first custom finial on a Jr Gent II, I did a fatline for the Russ Fairfield contest and really enjoyed doing both. Each created a different challenge and line of thought. Hoping next to get some closed end mandrels , I like the idea of a double closed end.

I just saw a comment about popping out the jewel on a majestic and got curious what all customizations have you done and on what pen components/kits?

Warren

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joe S.

Pimp my pen kit sounds like a great name for a new forum here!

I haven't done anything with the majestic other than follow the instructions, but I do like what other people have done with it.

Brooks803

BSea

Jonathon was the one who inspired me to do the crystals. It may have been him who also got me doing custom finials. Now I also do custom trim rings for the Jr Gent I & Jr Gent II style pens. Of course you wouldn't do that to a majestic.

Wormy crotch oak closed end Jr Gent I with custom finial, trim ring, and pr filled worm holes.

Afzalia burl with blue crystal.

BSea

Nice! That Jr Gent I is amazing
Thanks. Too bad It was an oops pen.:redface:

When I assembled it, I got the trim ring on the lower barrel reversed. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't compress together. So I tried just a bit harder . . . . . . . . . then . . . . . CRACK!!!

Here's another pic showing where i messed up the trim ring. Since I had it on the wrong side of the fitting, it came right off. And since it was a closed ended pen, I couldn't punch it out from the other side. I was sick. My son was happy though. He just colored the end where the ring was missing with a black magic marker. I said fine, just don't tell anyone who made it. I also sealed the crack with a little thin CA.

Last edited:
Top Bottom