Pics of Mom in the shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjenkins

Only problem I see is the shop is WAAAY too clean -- or is that your living room?[:D]

The bear carving is very very nice. I'll trade ya some turning skills for some carving skills.

Oh yeah... that is one honkin' pen chuck on the Jet! Looks like a part of a flywheel off a Massey Ferguson tractor.

wayneis

Yes it is a collett chuch and it is IMHO much better than a taper. I use a collett chuck and have so much better luck sense I won't go back. I'm not sure what mandrel shaft she is using, it may be a Wood Write. The shafts that I use I just took off of the #2 mandrels from Berea that I already had. You don't have to worry about dirt or crud inside the lathe head stock like you do with a Morse Taper and sense I switched I have not had a single off center turning or problem.

Wayne

Scott

Hi Kim!

Great pictures! And I like that carving!

The Beall collet chuck is a great way to hold a mandrel. For those with Jet mini lathes, Beall used to have some chucks that were machined a little tight, but still work great on Jet lathes (1" x 8tpi). They sold these chucks for about half price. I got one, but haven't used it yet because I'm waiting for the right price on some ER 32 collets. If you're interested in this chuck, call J. R. Beall and see what he can do for you!

Scott.

Rick Prevett

Hi Kim!

I'm glad your mom enjoys turning so much, looks like you gals will be having a lot of fun.

...NOTICE...SAFETY ALERT....NOTICE...

Rings and watches are strictly forbidden while operating a lathe!

...NOTICE...SAFETY ALERT....NOTICE...

Sorry, if I didn't say that, I'd feel remiss in my duties as a turner.

rick

wayneis

You can get a real good deal on the colletts at Enco, its a machinist type of company that has great prices. Thats where I got my 5/16" for the Berea B shaft. Their usual price is $15.95 ea. but are always running sales and you only need a few. I have a sales catalog from them and they are $11.99 ea. I got the whole Beall set but only use three of them so far.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom