Pics of Jr. Statesman w/ threaded end cap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ericatcraft

Here are some photos of the new Jr. Statesman Pens with threaded end caps. They are not yet available through the website but should be shortly, in the meantime they can be ordered over the phone with the following part numbers:

050-2329 Jr. Statesman fountain pen with 22k gold $30.75

050-2330 Jr. Statesman rollerball pen with 22k gold $28.20

050-2331 Jr. Statesman fountain pen with black titanium $28.70

050-2332 Jr. Statesman rollerball pen with black titanium $23.20

2007615193315_jr_statesman.jpg

2007615193334_jr_statesman_1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

I like those a lot Eric. Thanks for posting the pics! However, I do have one problem - you need to identify the blanks! [:D]

ericatcraft

For those who are interested, here are the blanks used in the above picture.
Far left: Tabacco marble blank (050-0167).
Middle: New Tortoise Pen Maker's Choice acrylic blank (479-1010)
Right (and close up of end cap): New Legionnaire Pen Maker's Choice acrylic (479-1012)- probably my favorite of all the plastic blanks, the photo does not do it justice. Very classy.
Hope that helps!

Rmartin

Maybe it's just me, but I'll admit, I'm a bit confused by the wording of the different platings available on the Jr. Gent. II. Nearly all the pen kits I buy are 24K Gold Titanium, and just a few Black Titanium. I use the Jr Gent II as my premium pen. It says on the site that there are four styles, but I can't seem to figure out which is the gold titanium one. I had to call last time to ask, but of course I forgot to write the info down and I can't seem to find the invoice.

Is it just me?

Texatdurango

Originally posted by Rmartin
<br />Maybe it's just me, but I'll admit, I'm a bit confused by the wording of the different platings available on the Jr. Gent. II. Nearly all the pen kits I buy are 24K Gold Titanium, and just a few Black Titanium. I use the Jr Gent II as my premium pen. It says on the site that there are four styles, but I can't seem to figure out which is the gold titanium one. I had to call last time to ask, but of course I forgot to write the info down and I can't seem to find the invoice.

Is it just me?
Richard, It is a bit confusing but the simplest way I keep track of which is which, is the price!

The Jr Gent 10K gold rollerball is $8 while the better Titanium (gold colored) pen is $12.50.

They don't even refer to it as another gold pen, just the titanium.

Texatdurango

Originally posted by ericatcraft
<br />For those who are interested, here are the blanks used in the above picture.
Far left: Tabacco marble blank (050-0167).
Middle: New Tortoise Pen Maker's Choice acrylic blank (479-1010)
Right (and close up of end cap): New Legionnaire Pen Maker's Choice acrylic (479-1012)- probably my favorite of all the plastic blanks, the photo does not do it justice. Very classy.
Hope that helps!
Eric, Either I am totally turned around or you or your catalog is mixed up.

The catalog shows item H-Tortoise (479-1010) as having shades of orange while item I-Crushed shell (479-1011) looks like the middle pen above.

Are you sure the above pen isn't the crushed shell? I want to make sure I order the right thing.

George

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Rmartin
<br />Maybe it's just me, but I'll admit, I'm a bit confused by the wording of the different platings available on the Jr. Gent. II. Nearly all the pen kits I buy are 24K Gold Titanium, and just a few Black Titanium. I use the Jr Gent II as my premium pen. It says on the site that there are four styles, but I can't seem to figure out which is the gold titanium one. I had to call last time to ask, but of course I forgot to write the info down and I can't seem to find the invoice.

Is it just me?

I am also confused by the plating offerings. And equally confused by your terminology in you post. I'm sure "24K Gold Titanium" is incorrect. Eric didn't list Ti as an option in gold. And since 24K is pure gold, anything alloyed with it would bring the gold content down and it wouldn't be 24K anymore. He did list 22K and that would be very soft. If it is a Ti alloy, he didn't say. And I find it dissapointing that this, and some other CS offerings, do not come in Ti gold. The Cigar is one of those, very dissapointing as the softer platings do present problems with use.

Texatdurango

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
.... And I find it dissapointing that this, and some other CS offerings, do not come in Ti gold. The Cigar is one of those, very dissapointing as the softer platings do present problems with use.
It does seem odd that when introducing a new style such as the retro, a semi-upscale pen kit, that it is offered in the least durable plating possible. They should offer the same titanium gold finish as their Jr. Gentlemen cousins.

In the case of the Statesman or Jr. Statesman not being offered in Titanium gold, I think I understand why. With the rhodium finish, the gold or black titanium center band and end cap embellishments really stand out. If you had a gold finish, what would you use for embellishing the center band and end caps?

George

Rmartin

Frank,

I suppose my terminolgy was incorrect with regards to CSU. Titanium nitrite has a gold color, but Berea plates their pens with 24K gold sputtered between two layers of titanium nitrite.

Still, I think they should have picures of the four different color styles instead of only two on their website. And, the Black and Gold titanium platings should be clearly marked.

ericatcraft

Mark,

Yes, these nibs are going to be standard on all Jr. Statesman and Jr. Gentlemen's eventually. Once we have sold out of our current inventory and place our next order for the pens they will come with the new style roller ball nib. To answer your next likely question: we do not have the roller ball nibs here for purchase individually and I do not think we plan on getting any in. Hope that answers the question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom