Pick Guard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregD

I've seen several pens with pick guard material for center bands and accents. Where do you get pick guard? I had a link but lost it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

A good source for sheets of accent materials is knife making supply houses. Knife makers like to put accents between the main handle material and the blade. And for many, a good source is used jugs like Clorox, but that is only in white. Soda bottles come in a variety of colors.

MDWine

I tried using those colored washers on a Cigar. They were not the easiest thing to work with, but I was able to make the lower barrel long enough that the pen worked and looked OK. I am not good at CA, and the finish on the two washers I glued together isn't very pretty. Probably my fault more than anything.

Note to self, don't grind so much of the tube away when trimming barrels!

One more pen too nice to throw away, too ugly to really sell.

fritzmccorkle

i bought mine from a music supply company called stewart macdonald. i think it was a bit cheaper than the grizzly. the sheets i got were 12x20 so i had plenty. i bought three different varieties. black/white/black white/black/white and black/white/black/white/black. got anything interesting you'd trade for a strip of each? i just slice off 3/4 inch strips.

GregD

Thanks for the info guys. Stewart Macdonald was the link I had I think. As for locally, there used to be several people around that used to do repairs. Not any more. I guess they fixed them all.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Greg,

No need to repair the "air guitars" that today's kids can play. If they could play real instruments, the "Rolling Stones" could stop touring and retire!!!

Of course, they can play a record player, scratching the records-guess that's a talent. It requires little repair.

hobby_dale

I ordered several from warmoth, but have yet to turn them. I got the black/red/black, white/black/white, black/white/blank and solid black. They seem to be good quality and the price wasn't too bad.

GregD

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Greg,

No need to repair the "air guitars" that today's kids can play. If they could play real instruments, the "Rolling Stones" could stop touring and retire!!!

Of course, they can play a record player, scratching the records-guess that's a talent. It requires little repair.

I hear that! You hit the nail on the head with that one Ed.

elody21

I go to a guitar shop where the guy makes his own guitars. We trade pic material for pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom