Phoenix Rising - Broken clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timber Ripper

Can anyone suggest what I should do about resolving the broken clip on this Phoenix rising pen.
It was a gift to my son. He said that when he went to clip it on the inside pocket of his jacket, it snapped off. He doesn't recall over extending it causing it to break. Anyway, it is what it is.
What are my options?
It seems it would be a waste to purchase a whole pen kit just for the clip.
Would it be possible to purchase just the clip? Or possibly a generic clip?
I suggested removing the clip altogether but he really likes carrying the pen.
I'll reach out to PSI on monday but in the mean time I thought I'd post here.

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 242
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Removing the top might be a problem. Anyway talk to Kim at PSI. Ask if a new clip or entire cap assembly can be replaced or purchased. She might simply mail the part to you at no cost.

magpens

Just checked one of my similar pens and the PSI instructions.

Disassembly should be possible after you remove the lower part with the internal twist mechanism.

You may need an appropriately-sized transfer punch to gently knock the top finial out of the brass tube by inserting the punch and tapping it with a hammer gently, thereby releasing the ring of the clip.

The clip is formed by "riveting" two parts together and the break is at the bend just above the "rivets" which have the function of holding the cast clip to the clip ring.

It seems to me to be fairly clearly a manufacturing fault if you are sure that the clip was never over extended.

I think that PSI should be willing to send you a new clip and that you should press for that.

nebens

The clip assembly on a Princess pen I made for my granddaughter came apart and the pin that holds the clip in was lost. Contacted PSI and they sent me a new complete assembly for NC.

Ernie.

penicillin

Piling on. Penn State has been helpful for me with pen kit issues, sending replacement parts as a courtesy when something went wrong. Their customer support is excellent.

Top Bottom