Perfume Pen Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Do you know if it is possible to get the perfume into the pen if you have a spray bottle? I have asked most of the girls at school and others if they thought there would be interest. Most of them said yes, then asked, What if I have a spray bottle? I hope it can work, so I can start making some.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Usually the top comes off spray bottles. IF this is NOT the case, you COULD hold the spray VERY close to the "dabber" on the perfume pen and spray (read this saturate) the felt.

This process would not be neat and probably most girls/women would say forget it. Make a couple and give them to your female friends, ask them to try and give feedback. If they like them, they will tell their friends and sales will result.

lkorn

I haven't done any perfume pens yet, but have done several atomizers. Due to mice in Coke cans, fingers in Chili, etc, new perfume bottles come with sealed tops, ergo you cannot open the bottle to either remove or insert perfume. Therefore, IOT fill the atomizers, you need to hold the spray nozzle close to the atomizer container and spritz til its full. Then screw in the top. Probably very similar for the pens.

melogic

The way my wife does it is she sprays the perfume in a tablespoon and then sticks the end of the perfume pen into the perfume until it is all soaked up. She repeats this process until the perfume pen will not soak up anymore. It works really well for her and we sell a crap load of these things. Women love them! It helps to give a care card along with it also. The care and refill instructions should be on the paper with the assembly instructions.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Speaking of fingers in chili... the other day I saw on the news that the woman trying to sue Wendy's for that incident has been arrested for criminal fraud... seems she bragged to someone that she put the finget in the chili and was going to get a bundle of money from Wendy's when they settled out of court...
Now the local authorities are questioning her about where the finger can from...
OOPS.. if your going to try to scam someone.. KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT.... one reason I will never be a good con artist... I GOT A BIG MOUTH... [:p][:p]

driften

Hey I have a question about perfume applicators... does the wick actually draw perfume into the body of the applicator or just the felt tip?

coach

Hey Griz! You can post anything you like, but you didn't give me the info I needed! LOL I know you make these things and have lots of info on them. Most of what I have learned here are from your posts, so lets hear it! LOL[:D]

lkorn

Somehow Tom I KNEW that you'ld jusmp into this discussion without ansering the original question [:)] The bowl of Chili was for you [8D][}:)][8D]. Two ears and a tail!!!! NOW, how do YOU fill the perfumee pens?????

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />Speaking of fingers in chili...[:p][:p]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Well to be perfectly honest with you all, I have never given much thought to the fact that some perfumes come in spray only bottles... The stuff SWHTM buys is expensive and comes in regular bottle with tiny openings like aftershave...
I have always told my customers to just dip the tip into their perfume for about a minute until it wicks into the internal reservoir...
I think Doug and Melogic have the most sensible answers and I think I am going to have to recommend that to my customers...
SEE, I don't have all the answers.... I keep telling you guys that... Sometimes I just get lucky..
[:p][}:)][;)]

Gary

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />Well to be perfectly honest with you all, I have never given much thought to the fact that some perfumes come in spray only bottles... The stuff SWHTM buys is expensive and comes in regular bottle with tiny openings like aftershave...
I have always told my customers to just dip the tip into their perfume for about a minute until it wicks into the internal reservoir...
I think Doug and Melogic have the most sensible answers and I think I am going to have to recommend that to my customers...
SEE, I don't have all the answers.... I keep telling you guys that... Sometimes I just get lucky..
[:p][}:)][;)]

Tom...It is hard to get a sense of scale on the perfume pen pics you have posted here. What is the approximate O.D. of the finished pen when it is just a cylinder with rounded ends?

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Yup, just about what Randy says... give or take an inch or so depending on the blank I use... [}:)][}:)]
No really, I don't do many that are straight tubes, but those I do are in that size range...

Tom Stephens

There are two pieces of felt(?) in the perfume pen.
Put the one inside the body and assemble. Before you put the tip in, I think you can spray in the hole and saturate the felt inside, then put the tip in the pen. Sometimes the tip becomes discolored. This is not very appealing. I carry spare tips just in case.
Tom
Branchport, NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom