Perfect Fit Bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

tdibiasio

I recently purchased some Perfect Fit kits and bushings from AZS and I am confused, can someone please explain what the "5th" bushing is used for. I have put the caliper to the pen parts and figured out the placement of the 4 bushings for the pen barrels, however I can not for the life of me figure out how to use the other bushing. I am sure it is really basic and I will feel foolish once explained, however I will be turning my first PF tonight and would like to understand before I start.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
After you turn the tenon on the "cap side", insert that bushing to assure yourself the tenon is correct. This will measure the amount you cut off, but it also allows you to make the diameter of the remaining material the same as the bushing so it will fit flush with the centerband.

M

Mudder

I could be wrong but my perfect fit bushings only contain 4 pieces. AFAIK you turn off a portion right down to the brass tube and then press the centerband on. I do recall having a kit with a 5 piece bushing set but I thought that was for a pen that needed a tenon and the 5th piece was a ring that you used to get proper size and width. I see no mention of a 5th piece in the instructions so perhaps you have a better set of bushings than I have?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Scott,

They saw you coming, realized the fifth bushing would "throw you off" so they disposed of it.

It was for your own good.................. Really!!![}:)][}:)][}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom