Perfect fit from Berea?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
This is one of my best selling pens/pencils in that size range... and the real upside is that you don't need a separate kit for the pencil, just the mechanism....
It does not require a tenon, but it does require you turn down the blank to the tube to fit the centerband, not at all hard, but you need to be accurate with the length... if you are going to do these kits, I do recommend buying the cap gauge... it gives you the correct measurements for the PF, DT Euro and the Flat Top American... worth the couple of bucks it cost...

randall844

It looks like I came in in the middle of a thread that I can't find the start of. What pen and pencil set from Berea is under consideration? (or maybe there's a pic I don't see)[?]

randall844

Thanx. It must be a new one 'cause it's not in my 2003-04 catalog...Oops there it is on page 23. Bet it would be pretty, but wouldn't you have to tool up with a bunch of Berea-specific tools?

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
The PF needs a B mandrel and the appropriate bushing... since I also turn a lot of the DT Euros, having the mandrel is no big thing... I actually wish all the larger style kits used the thicker mandrel, it sure is nice and stiff... and the mandrel is not that expensive and you need to buy bushings anyway... the fact that you don't need to purchase a separate pencil kit is also a bit plus...

randall844

OK, thanks for the reply. I'll check out their website for info Re: drill bits, mandrels, etc. required. This catalog used to have an insert with all that info, but I think it got lost in the rubble[:I]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom