Penturning for the blindin Portland Oregon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andi

Hello everyone, This is Andi the blind woodtuner.
In June at the AAW Portland symposium we brought in a group of blind and visually impaired people and had them each make a pen. We have founded successful permanent woodturning programs for the blind now in Tampa, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Atlanta and Kansas City, and Portalnd we hope will be the sixth. The program will be at Oral Hull Park near Sandy. We have a Jet lathe, some supplies and tools, but really need the help of seomone who could assist us with the teaching, if only for a short inital period until we get some inhouse instructors up to speed. If there are any penturners in this area who could find a few hours a month for a short while this would be really wonderful. Please call me at 727-688-0520.
Andi Sullivan

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hello everyone, This is Andi the blind woodtuner.
In June at the AAW Portland symposium we brought in a group of blind and visually impaired people and had them each make a pen. We have founded successful permanent woodturning programs for the blind now in Tampa, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Atlanta and Kansas City, and Portalnd we hope will be the sixth. The program will be at Oral Hull Park near Sandy. We have a Jet lathe, some supplies and tools, but really need the help of seomone who could assist us with the teaching, if only for a short inital period until we get some inhouse instructors up to speed. If there are any penturners in this area who could find a few hours a month for a short while this would be really wonderful. Please call me at 727-688-0520.
Andi Sullivan

Hi Andi. I have relatives who live in Corvalis. I will call you tomorrow (Sunday) or if not successful on Monday. I'll PM my phone #.

Top Bottom