Pentel Clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

Is there a good way to create the recess for the clip in the Pentel Pencil without going all the way around? Like how they come out of the package?

Thanks for any tips or info!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

Just thought of something:

Could I create a bushing that I make slightly off center by putting the tailstock just off a hair to create a wobble, then make my cut that doesn't go all the way around?

Obviously this will take some trial and error. Or is this just a really bad idea to try and turn with a wobble?

Wheaties

Can anyone tell me if I should attempt the wobble turning for the clip idea?

I just don't want to loose a digit or something like that. :biggrin:

Thanks

scotian12

Zack...Sorry I can't help you with your quiry. I too would be interested in how this would be achieved. I have not been satisfied with using the pentil clip as I think it cheapens the material on the pencil. I instead have designed the shape of the pencil to not accept a clip. I do realize that a larger portion of the market does want a clip...has anyone come up with another clip design. Darrell Eisner

bruce119

What I did was to gently turn a recess in then slip the clip on. It works OK they actually sell better than I thought they would. Below is last summers work and I sold 1/2 in about 8 shows before Christmas.

DraftersPencil1.jpg

DraftersPencil2.jpg

bruce119

Oh another tip what I did to keep track of what size they are .05, .07 or .09 was to write on the eraser cap on the part you cant see the size .5, .7 or .9. That way when you pull the eraser cap off you can tell what size it is. I keep extra pencils on hand and give the customer the option of what size they want. They are quick and easy change out. You just got to keep track of the sizes.

Top Bottom