Pens w/Cross Refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ttpenman

Can I ask a quick question? I normally would dig out all my catalogs but they're at home and I'm at work and I need an answer for a customer in a couple hours. I need to know which larger (than a slimline) pen kits use a Cross refill. The customer wants only pens with Cross refills.

Thanks,

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

You can also leave off the slimline center band or make your own, which allows you to make the pen as large as you want.

Lenny

Can I ask a quick question? I normally would dig out all my catalogs but they're at home and I'm at work and I need an answer for a customer in a couple hours. I need to know which larger (than a slimline) pen kits use a Cross refill. The customer wants only pens with Cross refills.

Thanks,

The customer is ALWAYS right! But, I am curious why someone would specifically request a cross refill pen? Have they ever tried a Parker style using an upgraded refill? Just curious :)

ttpenman

Thanks for your input. Not sure why the customer insists on a Cross refill. Just because "The customer is always right" doesn't mean the customer is always smart!!

I've got some comforts and Euros in stock so I should be OK. I'd really like to sell him on a Sierra Elegant Beauty. But he want a Slimline for his wife and a "manly" pen for himself. (but both with a Cross refill)

Andrew_K99

You could potentially modify another pen type, like the Sierra, to take a cross style refill? You would just have to shim the transmission to fit the larger tubes. Maybe epoxy the 7mm tubes in the other ones?

Last edited:

kovalcik

I like the Saturn kit from Woodturningz.com. (Called Toni twist at Woodcraft) Also, I think the Classic American from woodcraft uses a cross refill even though it uses an 'O' drill.

Last edited:

Chthulhu

Bear in mind also that the hole in the barrel tip (I refuse to call it a "nib") for a Parker-type refill will be larger than one for a Cross-type refill. It will work, but the fit will be pretty sloppy.

Top Bottom