pens turned from Polymer clay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Davy J

SOME WHERE I saw an artical (with no detail) of a guy turning pens from Polymer clay. any one know where I might have saw that, and/or better yet have details?. ie brands etc. I know there may even have been posts here some place, but I don't see a topic search any where.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Davy J

hey SMJ ! my grandson's initals also! thanks for the link. I went right to it and seen right off I should print it too! I don't intend to whip out bunches of clay pens but I do want to do enough to get profecint at it. My preferances is WOOD over this or acrylics or Corian but have/do the other stuff. and soon to add polymer ! Yep have went out n bought a pasta machine and a lil toaster oven even just for the purpose.

plantman

Davy J; If you are interested in making your own canes, blending colors together, or general information about polymer clay, I would suggest getting this book by Donna Kato, one of the top clay designers in the world. "The Art of Polymer Clay Millefiori Techniques". Use a 50% off cupon from Hobby Lobby or Michel's. I have been turning clay pens for several years, so if you have any questions you can't find answers too, just ask. Jim S

plantman

Toni is the best there is for her designs and craftswomanship when it comes to polymer clay pen tubes. Her article on this site is an excellent explanation of her method of applying clay to brass tubes that requires the highest amount of skill in cane making, cutting, the blending of colors, yet requires no turning to finish. She is a truely a gifted artist !!! Jim S

Last edited:
Top Bottom