Pens for Texas State Troopers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jptruett

A few months ago I posted a note asking for some pecan wood. My son is a sergeant for the Texas DPS and he wanted to give a pen to all his troopers.

Mesquiteman (Curtis Seebeck) sent more than enough spalted pecan to make the pens (plus he sent me a blank of hardened cactus), and rtrimyer (Robert Trimyer) sent me some 2007 center bands. These guys donated these items to make the trooper pens. Well, I make the pens and have taken pictures of them but I can't seem to be able to download them. They are in jpg format, but my computer or program will not let me download. I'm sure it is something that I am doing wrong, but at 61 years of age computers are smarter than I am!!

I just wanted to publicly thank Mesquiteman and rtrimyer for their generosity. Oh, by the way, my son has since make Lieutenant and will be moving to a different duty station after the first of the year. The pens are a Christmas gift to his troopers and a "thank you for a good job" gift also. I also made two Euro pens from the spalted pecan for his present Lieutenant and for his Captain.

Thanks again guys for your generosity and for your support to our State Troopers.

Jerry Truett[/red]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBone

A very worthy project to create pens for people in a dangerous job that get very little thanks.
Also
Curtis - 1 "Atta Boy" Certificate
Robert - 1 "Atta Boy" Certificate
Jerry - 1 "Atta Boy" Certificate

(Remember it only takes one slip for an "atta boy to be wiped out quickly [:D][:D])

DFM

Great job, I will keep a lookout for your pens as I am on the road this holiday. I hope that I don't ever run across your work on the side of the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom