Which pens take the gel parker refills??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

g.alemy0218

Hello all

I have a question, which kits besides the cigar and sierra take the parker type gel inserts and are a twist type pen like the cigar and sierra?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Flattop American twist pens from anyone, Berea Round Top European(8mm), PSI PKMontpar, CSUSA Jr. Gentleman's ballpoint, CSUSA Havana Ballpoint, Berea Elegant American. There may be others, but that's all I can think of.

Randy_

That's not quite accurate. There are quite a few 7 mm kits that don't take the Cross refill.

Any kit that takes the Parker ball point refill will take the Parker Gel refill. Both cartridges are exactly the same size. Do be careful, however, as The Parker brand refills are generally a few thousandths bigger at the tip than the generic refills that come with most kits. Sometimes the Parker brand refills stick in the pen kits. If you are selling pens, you should always check your pens with a "BRAND" refill and ream out the tip of the pen if the refills are tight.

Also note that the Parker brand roller balls are a proprietary design and do not fit any kit that I know of.

alamocdc

Randy, I don't recall seeing a 7mm kits that takes a Parker refill. Please enlighten me. I have quite a few customers that like the smaller pens, but want them with Parker refills for the gels.

Randy_

Billy: My original comment didn't say exactly what I intended to convey and I revised it....after you read it, I guess. Never did get very good grades in English??

I agree...to the best of my knowledge there are no 7 mm kits that will take the Parker refill. That being said, someone will probably take that as a challenge and modify the devil out of a 7 mm kit to take a Parker refill!![:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Randy_
<br />Billy: My original comment didn't say exactly what I intended to convey and I revised it....after you read it, I guess. Never did get very good grades in English??

I agree...to the best of my knowledge there are no 7 mm kits that will take the Parker refill. That being said, someone will probably take that as a challenge and modify the devil out of a 7 mm kit to take a Parker refill!![:D]

Inside diameter of a 7mm tube will not accomodate the Parker refill, not to mention the problem of the "Parker" transmission that would be required. So rest a little easier, Ain't likely to happen!

Note to Eagle-This is not meant as a challenge, you have enough to do, don't start modifying 7mm tubes to prove me wrong here!!!!

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I have already done it.
The 7 mm nib gets "reamed" out to accept the PArker refill.
It is touch and go.There are issues with the "shoulder" inside the 7mm nib the spring needs to rest on.
If not done exactly right the refill will protrude too far.
I make these for my own use and don't sell them but it can be daone.
I made a couple of 30-06's antler casing pens this was.
Without "resizing" the neck a 30-06 won't take a Parker size nibe with the fit being compromized.
As far as the original question as to which kits take a PArker type refill,normally the refill style is listed in the kit description.
I first look for the drill bit size.NMormally an "O" bit or larger is a good indication of a Parker type refill

Randy_

Ed: I measured the Parker cartridge before making that post so it was actually a sort of tongue-in-cheek comment. On the other hand, a Parker refill is about 5 thousandths smaller than a 7 mm hole so if one wanted to make a barrel out of metal, it would not be an impossible task. There are lots of very talented folks here at IAP so I wouldn't totally discount the possibility.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Note to Eagle-This is not meant as a challenge, you have enough to do, don't start modifying 7mm tubes to prove me wrong here!!!!
Sorry ED
I missed your reply.
There is a little decption involved.
I use 2 tubes for the bottom part of the casing pen.
A short 7mm tube gets "glued" into an 8 mm tube for a parker refill.
This gets glued into a wooden blank that fits into a 30-06 shell casing.
The 8mm tube is a good fit in the 30-06.
The transmisson holder gets ground down to fit into the upper section of the casing.
I no longer have this pen, gave it away but this is one I made into a PArker refill casing with a 30-06.
Alamodc may remember I posted this on another site last winter.
2006928222533_Parker3006%20I.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom